Monday 2 July 2007

An Enlightening Weekend

Good Morning and welcome to this fabulous Monday. I am only joking....I really don't like Monday's as I have to come back to this horrible place!!! I also have nothing at all on this week so I will need to "look busy" for 8 hours each day!

I had a fairly quiet weekend as Jack still has his stitches in, so we tried to stay home as much as we could. He is much better though and gets his stitches out on Wednesday night. He is allowed to go for walks now but is not allowed to run around at the off-leash dog park. I will probably give it a week or so after his stitches are out before taking him there.....Just in case a dog rumbles him and hurts him. Today is his first day at home alone, as J had to go back to work today. We left him heaps of chew treats and some lamb shanks to try and occupy him so he doesn't lick at his wound. I hope he is OK today.

On Saturday we visited a local GNC shop (sells vitamins, protein powders, etc) as J wanted to get some protein powder. We ended up being served by a lady that spent about an hour with us, telling us how we should be eating and how we should be training. It was very interesting and some things she advised were the total opposite of what I had always believed. She was saying that I should not be running, as cardio does not lead to weight loss. She believes all I need to be doing is lifting weights in the Gym. She also advised that I need to eat more protein than I am and recommended I use the protein powder also. She told me to have no fruit at all, except for berries, as my body will treat fruit the same as a chocolate bar.

So, I have started using the protein powder as a drink and I do find it keeps me full much longer than my usual "carb loaded" snacks. I have also started weight training as of yesterday and today I can hardly walk!! Although, I will still run 3-4 times a week as running makes me feel much better about myself. J and I are looking at doing personal training with this lady as we believe she could help us gain great results very fast. Her website is www.signaturefitness.com.au if you are interested in having a look. This lady seems very "tough" but I might just need that. She was upset that I always put my legs down as she said they are my best asset. She told me I don't like them as they are covered in fat but if I could get that off, they would look much better. I felt upset that she was telling me they were fat but I had a good "squeeze" at them in the shower and she is right. So, I will see what happens with this and keep you updated!

I was not great with food over the weekend but not as bad as previous weeks. I still "blew out" on biscuits and chocolate but otherwise I did OK. I also did exercise each day so I am proud of myself for that and I have already gone for my run this morning. My new exercise plan will now be 3-4 runs per week, 3 weights sessions and one complete rest day.

A funny thing happened on Saturday night. I was tidying up the kitchen after dinner and I could see a spot of mould on the ceiling so I decided to wipe it off. I got up on the bench and as soon as my hand touched the ceiling, my hand went right THROUGH it!!! It made this hole in the ceiling because the whole area was wet. We rent our house so I was a bit freaked out. The owner came over yesterday and had a look and he will sort it out. It just annoys me because that means more workmen in the house so J or I will have to take time off work. I don't let people in the house when I am not home because the dogs will get upset and also I am not sure that Max would not bite an "intruder".

Well I am off to a weekly meeting now. Boring people updating on boring things!!! PLEASE get me out of here!!!!

The Good: Exercised every day, Bought new exercise tights which are so comfortable, Have a new album on my MP3 player which is my favourite Album to run to (Rancid: Out Come The Wolves) and started protein powders and weight training.
The Bad: No breakfast eaten on Saturday or Sunday due to sleeping later than usual.
The Ugly: The 30 or so biscuits I dunked in my tea yesterday afternoon and the peanut butter and jam sandwich I ate after dinner last night!

Until we meet again
Miss Pinky

No comments: