Tuesday 24 July 2007

I am still here....

I have not posted for a few days and so much has changed!!! I ended up walking out of my horrible job at lunch time on Friday. The reason?? The old man who was supposedly "retiring" from the position that I took came back from his holidays and completely took over everything. I had already resigned and was due to finish up tomorrow anyway but he made me feel so uncomfortable that I couldn't stick around. There is one desk in my area and one computer....He completely took them over. I came in on Friday and he is sitting at my chair at my desk on my computer with his personal phone numbers, etc on my pin board. How rude!!! I was going in a few days anyway....Couldn't he have waited??!!! So they all went out to this corporate lunch on Friday and I thought "stuff this", emailed my Boss who is really nice to explain why I would not be back and left. Funny thing is that nobody from there even called me or anything....Goes to show how unprofessional they are!!! I am so glad to be away from it all!

So, I got the job that I really wanted which I am very happy about!!! It pays well, is for a great company and the role sounds great too. I am just waiting on a start date from them but it should be late this week or early next week. For the moment, I am enjoying bludging at home and doing not much at all!

I did my 11km fun run on Sunday. I was a little disappointed as I finished in 68mins and I was hoping for 66mins or better but I should be happy that I ran the whole way without stopping. My new shoes are still crap....Giving me plenty of grief. I don't know whether to persevere or go back to my old Asics?? My lead up to the run was much less than perfect....I did no exercise at all from Tuesday until the race on Sunday AND I ate for a small community all week!! I actually was not sure if I was going to run at all until the day. At least I did it. I am actually thinking of running the 9km Blackmores run in September....I will see how I feel and also how fat I am at this stage!! Ha ha ha!!!!

Well I am going to go and buy J a small Anniversary gift before I pick him up from work. I gave him his "real present" early....Some "skins" to use for the race last Sunday. They are certainly expensive tights but he said they do a great job. He loved them and that is the main thing!

See you later....
Miss Pinky

No comments: