Wednesday 4 July 2007

The most crazy job interview ever!

My job interview yesterday felt more like a scary dream than anything else. As soon as I arrived at the place, I started to have doubts. The Receptionist was very "rough looking"...A few too many years spent taking drugs I think! I was then told the CEO was running about 20 minutes late. I waited 25 minutes and then he turned up. He was a man in his 50's and rather overweight and short. As I was following him to his office, he yelled out someone that he would be "5 minutes". I thought "mmmm....that is rather odd". Well, it was more like 2 minutes!!!! He would ask me a question and as soon as I started to answer he would cut me off and ask another question. basically, without any real "interview" as such he said he wanted to hire me but the money was a problem. He asked if I would take $5K less a year for the first 3 months and then move to what I wanted to get. I said "What is the role? I know nothing at all about it". He said "Doesn't matter....Some customer service, maybe get you to write some articles for us. You start tomorrow". I said "No, I have a job and I can't just not return". He said "OK, start Monday". I agreed and he then sent me to the Customer Service Manager. She did not know what I would be doing either and said he normally does not interview but he wanted to meet me. So, basically I was taking a drop in pay for a role that nobody had any idea about....including me! I also asked if they had nurses trained in sexual health or sex therapists that worked there and she said "no". This is a company dealing with men's sexual health issues and nobody there is a qualified sexual health professional???

I went home, feeling really overwhelmed by it all. The place had this very "weird" feeling to it. The majority of the office space was a call centre and the people working there looked very bitter and angry. I heard someone talking to a customer and they were so rude!!! I decided I just can't take this role. Taking a pay cut would be a silly thing to do and I would worry about the job security. More importantly, I really don't believe in their product and would hate to put my name to something that, in my opinion, does nothing but fuel men's insecurities about their sexual performance.

I strongly believe that there is too much sexual pressure on men these days. Men are really concerned about "lasting longer" in the bedroom. My theory is that they should "cum" when they are ready. As long as they feel enjoyment from it then that is the main thing (Sometimes men who experience rapid ejaculation can cum but feel no positive sensations). Women do not need an erect penis to orgasm....The majority of women need clitoral stimulation and this is best achieved orally or manually anyway, hence, no penis needed. Women also need to take control of their orgasms and be involved in the process by thinking positive erotic thoughts. It should not be all left up to the man. Any men reading this, please relax in the bedroom. You have a mouth and hands to pleasure your partner so, if you should cum early on, utilise these things. You may find that many women actually prefer oral sex or touching anyway! The point of this "rambling" was that if I were to accept the job, I would have to go against these beliefs and try to encourage men to believe their "performance" was an issue and that the company's "nasal spray" would help them. So, today I will let them know I will not be starting with them.

Despite my great day yesterday with very minimal "straying" from my diet, I have gained 0.2kgs this morning. YAY!!!! I am really getting upset about this and it is not just the scales....I even look bigger! Something just must give soon! I did my weights this morning, even though I still felt quite sore. I have pulled up OK though and I am thinking of doing some swimming laps tonight to help with my recovery. I don't like swimming though as I find it very boring!

On a more positive note, I finally got something that I really wanted yesterday! My sister has a dress that I absolutely love and she never, ever wears. My Mum bought it for her and I always tell her she should give it to me but she says "No, I will wear it". Well last night she gave in! I am now wearing this lovely knitted dress over tights and it is so comfortable. I told her if she ever wanted it back to let me know. The thing is that my sister (who is 19) has the total opposite body to me. She has a chubby upper body and small legs and bum. I have the smaller upper body and big legs and bum. So, a dress that needs to be belted at the waist does not suit her, as she does not have much of a waist. I am not being mean here....My sister and I are both fully aware of the negatives of our bodies!!!!

I have applied for 2 customer service jobs this morning, both of them are in the same suburb I now am in. One recruitment person has just called me and I have a 1pm interview tomorrow. I will see what happens with that. This means more uncomfortable clothes needed for tomorrow! Also - Jack gets his stitches out tonight.

The Good of yesterday: Nearly ate exactly what I planned on, went for a run, no dessert, water was good.
The Bad: A vegemite sandwich on white bread that was unplanned in the afternoon and 2 plain biscuits before dinner
The Ugly: Me....and my huge weight on the scales! (Only joking!)

Well I better go. I actually have some stuff to do today.
Have a good one!
Miss Pinky

No comments: