Thursday 12 July 2007

Feeling Rather Proud

I am feeling rather proud of myself today. Trust me, it is an odd feeling to not be hating myself immensely and feeling like a failure! I feel proud of myself because I have been very good with my eating and my exercise. This is today's plan and is fairly typical of what I am doing at the moment:

Breakfast: Protein drink (108calories) plus a low-fat muesli bar
Morning Tea: 1/2 a slice of pear and rasberry bread
Lunch: 6 small vita weats with tuna and tomato
Afternoon tea: 5 strawberries
Dinner: 1 egg, 1/2 large can of heinz spaghetti, 2 slices grain toast
Exercise: 45mins Spin Class completed before work
Fluid: About 2 litres H2O, 1.5 cans Coke Zero, 1 green tea

I worked out that I really love the pear and raspberry bread so I thought that instead of fighting the temptation, I should just go with it. So I now work it into my plan and have half a piece instead of the full one. The only way I may deviate from the plan is to have 2 low-fat biscuits and a small handful of M&M's when I get home but that has been the worst I have done all week. Dessert has gone completely and my meals are much smaller than they were before. I have not even had any major chocolate cravings either. I am not sure if this has to do with the protein but I don't feel "constantly hungry" like I used to. I think calcium is lacking so I may get some calcium tablets and start taking them, in addition to my fish oil and glucosamine.

I did my PUMP class last night. I did not want to go so badly but I am glad I did. I am the sort of person who likes to complete my exercise either in the morning or before I get home at night. If I have to go out and exercise after I have returned home, the chances of me not doing it are much higher. Anyway, I dragged myself along to the class and I did really well. I believe I am much stronger than I ever thought. My weights were up there with the boys and, in some tracks, the boys were struggling and I was not. I could have even put more weight on at times but I felt embarrassed...Like a big "she male" or something!!

I am totally comitted to doing this 11km run next Sunday, despite the fact that I am scared. Everyone has told me that if I can do 8km, I will be able to do 11km. I am going to believe them and also give myself "permission" to walk if I feel the need. I will try to run the whole way but this "permission" may ease the pressure a little. J wants to get me new runners this week (my Asics are wearing away on the inside and at the soles) but I will wait until after the run. There is no way I can break in new shoes so quickly and although mine are falling apart, they are very comfortable and I am used to running in them.

My weight is sitting stable but I do feel better around my waist area. I don't feel as "fat" as last week. I wish some weight would shift from the scales but I just need to be patient and it will happen!

I have my interview this afternoon. I really want this job now so I am hoping it all goes well. Hopefully I can "sell" myself!!

Over & Out
Miss Pinky

No comments: