Wednesday 18 July 2007

Dramas, dramas!

The job hunt has hit a rather familiar "snag"......I have been offered (and accepted) a Customer Service role with a supplier of infant linens. I am due to start with them on Monday. The issue is that I had an interview yesterday for a role that I am much more interested in and now I am unsure what I should do?? The same thing happened to me when I started working here. I was offered this role first but really wanted another one that I was going for at the same time. I was scared to decline the offer to work here in case I also did not get the other job and, well, here I am...In a job that I totally despise!!!

I have emailed the recruitment consultant for the job that I really want and explained the situation to him. If he comes back and tells me my interview went well, then I will take a gamble and "hang out" for that job. This will just mean letting the recruitment person from the other job know that I have had a "change of heart". If my interview yesterday did not go so well, I will be resigning from here today and finishing up tomorrow. This way I can have the Friday off before starting at the new place on Monday. I could always start at the new place and then leave if I get the other job but I would feel very uncomfortable and embarrassed doing that. Either way, I have 2 weeks left here of my "probation period", after which time I have to give 4 weeks notice, not one day...so I need to get out before then.

My food and exercise has been just terrible! I am back into the chocolates, biscuits and cakes and making excuses to not exercise. The bloody run is this Sunday!!! Can't I just keep it together for a few days?? I MUST run after work today, no matter how cold it is here and no matter how much I don't feel like doing it. If I look for excuses, I will find them. I feel better about myself when I eat well and exercise so why do I keep sabotaging my efforts, which just makes me feel bad?? I think I am "off the rails" because I feel stressed about what to do work-wise and feel nervous about resigning from here. I must stop making excuses to treat myself badly though! My health and well-being should be my number one priority. I feel very fat and sorry for myself today....I need to snap out of it!

I am also feeling pi**ed off because I really want to get my tax done so I can find out how much I am getting back but I am yet to receive one of my group certificates. My old work changed payroll company's mid-year and, as such, heaps of certificates have not been received. Once I know what I am getting back, I can work out if I am going to spend the money on a holiday at the end of the year or put it aside to go towards a house deposit. I just wish the damn thing would arrive!!! This way, I can have something positive to look forward to.

Wednesday is J and I's 2 year anniversary so that will be nice. I have thought of a few ideas of what to get him....some practical things and some not so practical things. I will go to the shops tomorrow at lunch to pick them up. Now I just need to think of something nice to do to celebrate the night....Going for dinner is just so ordinary!

Till next time
Miss Pinky

No comments: