Friday 6 July 2007

Welcome to Friday!

I am sooooo glad it is Friday!! Only 2 hours to go until I can escape from here! I have had a terribly boring week here. Basically I have had nothing to do and I have had to "look busy" for 8 hours each day. I have been caught surfing the net so many times!

I had a couple of job interviews on Wednesday and Thursday. One was a customer service/order management type role in a factory that made nuts, dried fruit, etc. It seemed like a very relaxed role but not "manly" like my current one. I liked them, they liked me but the salary they were offering was about $15K less than I get now. I just could never let myself drop that much, no matter what the job was. I certainly did not like it that much! The second interview was with a recruitment company. They have an Admin/Customer Service role with a company that makes infant wear that they think would suit me. I will probably be meeting with the company towards the end of next week. I have also applied for a couple more roles today, as I need to get out of here. There are all these jobs coming up that are a really big hassle so I would rather leave before then. Also, if I can leave in the next three weeks, I only have to give one day's notice.

I have been very, very good with my exercise this week. I have stuck to it completely. I have done 4 runs and 2 weight sessions so far and I have another weights session tonight that will complete my week. Tomorrow I have no exercise on at all and I cannot wait! I have been up all week at 5am, pounding the footpath in the freezing cold so I can't wait to stay in bed until at least 8am. It will be heaven! Tonight I am also meeting with the personal trainer lady. I will see what she has to offer and decide whether to sign up or not.

My food has been pretty good (Much better than previously) except last night we went out for dinner and I had a creamy pasta and a lemon meringue pie. My stomach was so sore and cramped up after it. I told myself "no running for me in the morning" so I was very proud when I actually did it! All week I have remained at my same horrible weight. This is the first time that I have ever not been able to lose weight when I am actually really trying. Usually I can't get my head into the right space to exercise and eat well and that is why I don't lose anything....but this time I am really trying. Despite wanting to give up so badly, I will keep going. I am going to try just eating lean meat and salad all next week for dinner to see if this helps? The weekend is always a big hurdle for me, as this is when I generally want to tuck into the chocolate and cakes. I must really try and stay busy!

If the weather is OK, I will take the dogs to the off-leash park tomorrow. Jack has his stitches out now and his wound is nearly completely healed so he should be OK. He will go absolutely crazy there because he hasn't been for 2-3 weeks. He loves nothing more than running around and having other dogs chase him. He has very long legs and is quite fast so most dogs can't catch him. He loves that they can't catch him....He looks as though he is "showing off" when he runs. Each morning when I have been getting dressed to go for a run, he seems as though he wants to come. I will take him but not now. I just think running 8kms with only a quick stop at the half-way point may be a bit much for him so soon after his operation. I always feel mean dragging him away from sniffing, etc because I don't like to stop on my run.

I worked out a budget today for J and I to stick to so we can start saving. I worked out we were wasting about $500 per week on "nothing" so this has to stop. Our plan now is to put $300 of this into savings and then we each have $100 a week spending money. It will be interesting to see how this goes as I have NEVER saved in my whole life. Our goal is to buy a townhouse or a villa so we can stop paying rent and have something of our own.

Well I will be off now to occupy myself with the internet until 4pm!!

Have an awesome weekend!
Miss Pinky

PS: Thanks for your comments Julie. Unfortunately I can't work out how to leave comments on your blog but it is very interesting....Especially the stuff about yawning! :-)

No comments: