Tuesday 3 July 2007

I feel like I have been hit by a train!

Yes....That is right! Silly, silly me! Yesterday I had major muscle soreness from weights, which just got worse as the day went by. Last night before bed, I had a protein drink as I had been told the protein would help to repair my muscles. Guess what? It really worked!! I woke up this morning a little bit sore but about 200% better than I was yesterday. So, what did I do? I went for a run of course! What a stupid move that was! Now I am aching even worse than ever!! I can hardly walk and stairs are the worst! Hopefully a couple more protein drinks today and a hot bath tonight will fix me.

I have a job interview this afternoon. It is a customer service role for a company involved in men's sexual health, so it is right up my alley! The salary they are offering is much less than I want but I thought with my experience in the field of sexual health, they may be willing to negotiate. I will see how it goes. I am definitely going to go to this interview, as I will feel better about myself working within the same field I hope to get in to after my studies. My only concern is that the position may be shift work....If so, I will not be interested. I have done shift work before (but only between the hours of 5am and 11pm) and I found that it totally messed up my eating and exercise. I also like to spend my spare time with J, so shift work is not an option for me.

Despite a really big effort on the exercise front (7 days straight) and cutting out a lot of my cakes, biscuits and chocolates, I am still at a high weight today. This upsets me greatly, as I certainly don't get up at 5am and run for the fun of it! Ordinarily, I should have dropped some weight by now so I am feeling a little disheartened. I measured my waist and it is 5cm larger than at my lowest. What is going on??? I even thought "maybe I am pregnant" because I have never had this much difficulty losing weight before. I will keep at it for at least another week and see how I go. If I have lost nothing by then, I will be tempted to go back to eating cakes and biscuits and doing minimal exercise. If I am being very good and am still the same weight as when I do what I want, I know which option is more attractive!! I am so sick of my clothes that were once loose feeling tight!! The hard thing is that I am really trying to do something about it but to no avail!

To give you an idea of my average day, here is yesterday's food and exercise. It is not too great but not so bad either!
BREAKFAST: 1 sachet instant oats made with water, splash of skim milk, 1 cup blueberries
MORNING TEA: Protein drink made with water (125 cals)
LUNCH: Lean chicken breast, spinach and low fat sundried tomatoes on 2 slices wholemeal bread plus 1 cup low-fat yoghurt
AFTERNOON TEA: 2 handfuls sunflower kernels , 1 slice lean chicken breast, 6 weight watchers cookies and 8 squares dark chocolate....... (Bad bits underlined)
DINNER: 1 can pea and ham soup plus 2 wholegrain rolls (probably should have only had one)
BEFORE BED: Protein drink made with water (125cals)
EXERCISE: 1 hour run at about 8.5km/hr
DRINKS: 2 litres water, 1 green tea, 2 cans coke zero

The above is certainly not perfect but the only things that can count as "bad" are the cookies, chocolate and the extra roll. The last few weeks I would have eaten 1/2 a large block of chocolate, banana bread and other cakes and stayed the same weight too! So, at this point I am asking "Is there any point to this?". I need to remain focused and just keep going with it. I can't stay at this uncomfortable weight. Surely some weight has to budge soon??

Well, I better go and work out what I am having for morning tea....Maybe a cup of yoghurt with some blueberries in it??? Even though the disheartened me thinks "Just get some banana bread (read: cake) and a chocolate bar!"

Hope you all have a great day!
Miss Pinky

1 comment:

Juli said...

I don't know how many calories are in the protein shakes, but maybe you've cut your diet too much? That can cause you to hang onto the weight you've got.

Good luck! Julie