Friday 29 June 2007

Excited for the weekend

It is 10am Friday. I have been at work for 2 hours now and I am COMPLETELY bored!!! I have nothing at all to do, so I just need to look "busy" for the next 6 hours....somehow! When I am this bored, I like to find new blogs and read them from start to finish. At the end, I always feel like I really "know" that person, especially if they have been blogging for a while and post often. I have just found a very inspirational blog.....I am not sure of the correct "protocol", so I won't give the URL but reading it put things completely into perspective for me.

It was a blog written by a lady that is my age, who has three beautiful kids, is married to a man that she adores and lives on a farm in outback Victoria. I would say there were about 200 individual posts in her blog and I could count on one hand the posts that have a "negative" undertone. She is such a completely positive, happy and special person. It made me look at my life and stop seeing things so negatively, as I do have many things to be thankful for....


(1) I love J very much. Our relationship was so full-on at the start. We said "I love you" after about 5 days and we just knew immediately that we couldn't stand to be apart from each other. We were both basically "mesmerised" by each other. 2 years into the relationship and things are not as touchy-feely as they used to be but I still love him dearly and still feel "excited" by him. My issues with jealousy and mild depression and my terrible temper are mostly to blame for the fact that we are not as close now as we were....I will endeavour to get this back. Things are currently on the "up" in this department. Thankyou J....for your patience and your gentleness.

(2) I have two gorgeous dogs who are my heart and soul. They are like my babies and they have bought so much happiness to my life. My life revolves around them and they do cause me plenty of extra work and can be "difficult" at times but I would give up anything else in my life before them. No matter what sort of day I have had, coming home to their beautiful hairy faces and having them jump all over me in excitement makes me feel instantly better. I love you Jack & Max! (Even while writing this, I feel like crying because when they are eventually gone, I will not cope well at all!)

(3) While I am most certainly not rich, I am happy to be at a point in my life where I can live comfortably. All bills are paid on time, without having to stress about how to pay them. I can buy clothes or small things that I want nearly every fortnight when I get paid. If something happens with the dogs, car, etc then I know we can pay to get the issue fixed. We live in a fairly nice house (even if we do rent it), we have a nice brand new car, lovely furniture and we eat good food.

(4) I am an intelligent person. This means I have more avenues of opportunity available to me. This means I can critically analyse things that I hear or read and I am able to hold a conversation with people on all levels. My excellent school results led to my Uni degree, which will now lead to my Masters in Sexual Health, which will, hopefully, lead to a fantastic career that will pay well too. As we spend so much of our time working, a happy job will mean a happier life for me.

(5) I will be going overseas again in December this year. It will be somewhere in Asia....perhaps Vietnam. I am very excited for this!!! I love the freedom of being on holidays....no housework, no alarm clocks, no planned exercise, great food, shopping and special time spent with J. I can't wait!!!

(6) I am basically a healthy person. I do not have any health problems or debilitating conditions. I am able-bodied and able-minded. The same can be said for J, my mother (although at 62 she is starting to encounter some ailments), my sister and my brother. For this, I am thankful. Having to deal with a family member, or yourself, going through pain and illness would require such an enormous strength of character.



Enough of the soppy stuff! I managed to go for my run this morning before work. It wasn't overly cold but I was puffing like a steam train!!! I must learn to control my breathing! Had a food blowout last night....J made a beautiful beef stew and I ate too much of it, complete with a large white bread roll and mashed potato. Then J made icecream, strawberries and melted chocolate for dessert! After eating this, I had some chocolate and a few biscuits. I would feel much worse about this if my weight had increased this morning but it is the same as yesterday, so all is OK.


Have a great weekend guys! It is meant to be sunny here tomorrow so that will be a big change!
The weekend will be a major test for me....Can I control the binge??



Ciao!
Miss Pinky

No comments: