Monday 18 June 2007

Finally I have arrived!!!

Well.....After about two years of lurking, unannounced, on other people's blogs I have decided to start my very own one!!!! I will begin this as a place to put my thoughts down and see where it all ends up.



A bit about me? I am 29 years old and live in Sydney. I am engaged to a man that I used to fantasise about but never thought in a million years I would "get". This did not come without it's fair share of drama though, as both myself and my fiance were married when we met.....Nothing overly "sordid" though as we both left our partner's as soon as we uncovered our mutual attraction.



We live in a very big but old house with our two gorgeous dogs and I guess you could certainly call me a "homebody". In my younger days I used to be out at nightclubs most nights but that all seems like a distant memory/nightmare now!! :-)



The main reason for starting this online "diary" is my constant desire to lose weight....Yes this is ANOTHER one of "those" blogs! Just over two years ago I set out on a mission to lose 24kgs of excess body weight, which I gained through way too many nights at home with a large pizza on my lap and zero exercise! In about 5 months, I lost 20 of those 24kgs but never, ever reached my "goal". This failure has haunted me ever since! I just seem to yo-yo from anywhere between 2kgs from my goal to 6kgs from my goal. One week I will be the "model diet girl" and run every day and eat 1200 calories each day....The next week I am "Miss Piggy" and eat every single thing in sight and I mean EVERYTHING!!!! Right now, I am just coming off a "Miss Piggy" period where I put on over 5kgs in 3 weeks! Today is the first day of "Diet Girl" and I already feel like some chocolate!!!!



I am a "boredom eater" and I also eat to make myself feel "happy".....Which is a funny irony because I 'aint feeling very happy right now with my legs squashed into these tight jeans and my "muffin top" exploding over like the spare tyre of a semi trailer!!!! Unfortunately, I have never been able to find a happy medium between "Diet Girl" and "Miss Piggy" and this is where I hope this blog will help!



This afternoon I am going for a run....Something I have not done for about 3 weeks and it is freezing cold to boot!



If I do survive, I shall post on here tomorrow.....



Keep Smiling,

Miss Pinky

No comments: