Monday 7 January 2008

Welcome 2008

Today is my first day back from my holidays and I am suffering from Mondayitis so I will provide this update in point form….

MELBOURNE – The 4 days went very quickly. The weather was nice apart from Christmas Eve, which was very cold and rainy. The weather was between 24 and 27 degrees, which was lovely. We managed to get out of there just before the 43 degree days hit, thankfully! Xmas Day was OK apart from the fact that J’s mother said about three sentences to J and I all day. I swear she loves her dog more than him and pays it more attention too. Needless to say, he was very upset and angry afterwards. She didn’t even ask him about his new job and she didn’t even say “thankyou” to us when she opened her present. J had to ask her if she liked it. Her rudeness makes me not give a sh*t that we have been to Melbourne a few times and not stayed with her.

J spent Boxing Day with his son, go-karting and shopping. He said they had a good day together. I hung around at the hotel and got some lunch at St Kilda. J’s Mum was meant to pick the son up afterwards and take him with her for a few weeks but when J called her to organise this she had gone home to the country instead. So J just dropped him back to Ballarat.

Melbourne held many culinary delights for myself, which I was happy about but the scales were not!

NEW YEARS – The quietest one I have ever had. J and I stayed home and had my Mum over for dinner and that was it!! We watched the fireworks on TV and ended up staying up until 4am watching silly game shows on TV. At least we didn’t have to try and find public transport in the City! Next year I will be sure to organise something more exciting in advance!

J – Things have been going really well. It was so nice to have some time to spend together during our leave. We didn’t do anything major…..Just went out for lunches and pottered around the house but it was nice. I need to make sure that I don’t get caught up in the “routine” now that I am back to work and forget to simply enjoy the simple moments. I must make an effort to do stuff during the week, like going to the movies or getting an ice cream after dinner. Small things like these will make the working week more bearable.

HEALTH – The results are in and the cause of my constant headaches is most probably due to the fact that I need glasses! I went for an eye test a week ago and it appears I have a stigmatism which means my eyes need to work hard all the time to focus. Hopefully once I pick up my glasses, my headaches will stop. It is amazing the difference it made when the optometrist put the prescription lenses on my eyes. I didn’t realise just how blind I was!!

FAT – The results are in and YES I am enormous! I ate like an elephant all holidays and did zero exercise so I deserve the massive number that greeted me on the scales this morning. As of this morning I have been good. I did an hour aerobics video this morning before work and so far I have eaten healthily today. I will do the video until I have built up a little bit of fitness and then I will tackle some running. I have a goal to lose at least 5kgs but hopefully closer to 10kgs in 3 months. 5kgs will have me looking “normal” again but 10kgs would be even better! I cannot get any bigger or I will die! Enough is enough!!!!

I hope everybody had a great break over Xmas and I hope we can all work hard to achieve our goals for 2008….Whatever they may be…..

Miss Pinky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry xmas spunky bum.. i too am HUGEEEEE

love you lots.. see you on the tredmill come next week!

Nic said...

Heya Pinky!

Merry xmas and a happy new year to you!!

Glad to hear you had a good holiday! Well done for getting back on the wagon!! take it easy!