Friday 21 December 2007

Last day of Work

Last day of work today before 2 weeks holidays…..yay!!!!! I am sooooooo bored at the moment it is just not funny. At least I only have 2 hours to kill anyway. I can’t wait for 4pm!!!!!!! I am hanging out for some time to myself to do whatever I want to do.

This afternoon I am getting my hair done and then I will take the dogs to the dog park. Then I need to get stuck into some cleaning before our BBQ tomorrow. Me-thinks it was a stupid idea having people over so close to Xmas!! Oh well…..it is all organised now…….

I have to go to the local Christmas Carols near my Mum’s house on Sunday night now. Initially I thought my brother and his family could come and that could be our “Xmas get together” but he tells me he is too busy “preparing for Xmas” to come. I will not be able to stay for too long because I need to spend some time with the dogs before we go away.

Monday morning we head off to Melbourne on a 6am flight. It looks like the Melbourne weather will be much better than Sydney…..so at least that is one bonus! J and I will basically spend Xmas Eve alone doing our own thing, which will be lovely. Xmas Day will be with his family and it looks as though Boxing Day will be spent by myself looking around the City while J spends the day with his son. No, I am not a mean and horrible bitch for not going with him. It is a long story but the basic jist of it is that J has a 14 year old son who he barely has any contact at all with. This is not the mother’s fault…..It is J’s fault. He has not put any effort in to create any sort of relationship. As such, when they are together it is very uncomfortable and awkward so I thought it would be best if they have the day alone and I do my own thing. I think I just add to the uncomfortableness when I am there. For the record, J does pay a fair bit of child support but, besides this and a few phone calls each year, he doesn’t do much else. The last day of the “holiday” will hopefully be spent alone with J……fingers crossed!

We get back to Sydney on the 28th Dec and I then have about 10 days before returning to work…..BLISS!!!! J goes back a few days earlier but that is OK.

Unfortunately my fat body will be accompanying me to Melbourne. I have dismally failed in my vague “plan” to lose weight……More like a pipe dream than a plan!! I bought a new dress yesterday, which was a size bigger than I usually take (They didn’t have my size in stock). It is really cute but a little big. What annoys me is that this should be absolutely swimming on me!!! It should be so loose that I can’t wear it. Oh well….It is not as though his family are supermodels anyway! My “Christmas eating” started off with a “bang” this morning……strawberry milk and chocolate for breakfast. Now I just feel sick. Funny thing is that when I am trying to eat healthily, I could eat 24 hours a day. When I am eating whatever I want, I don’t eat many times during the day but they are mostly foods that are not exactly diet friendly. I must get back into running after the new year….If only to keep myself sane!

Quick update on my many illnesses: I now have a cold, believe it or not! I seem to go from one sickness to the other! I may as well be 100 years old. I was speaking to a painter that was doing work at my house the other day. He was saying he is 47 years old, does no exercise, smokes, drinks like a fish, gets about 5 hours sleep a night and feels awesome. I am 30 years old, have never had a cigarette in my life, do not drink alcohol, take vitamins, get at least 7 hours sleep every night, do some form of exercise each day (even if it is only walking), eat fruit and vegetables every day (even if it is mixed in with more than my fair share of chocolate and biscuits) and I feel TERRIBLE!!!!!! I can’t believe all my tests from hospital the other week were perfect??? Maybe I should take up drinking and smoking???!!!!

Anyway I better go and “look busy” for a little while longer. Although every single thing is completely up-to-date.
Have an excellent Xmas with your families and stay safe.

Miss Pinky

1 comment:

blues buffett said...

Don't worry about the health comparison. We all know someone who appears a slob and probably is, and even if they don't get sick it shouldn't affect our own commitments to health and fitness!

Taking your comments on lack of involvement in Son's life as fact, it sounds very disappointing. I know Dads who aren't given that choice by their ex-wives, so it always worries me when the chance isn't taken. Imagine the boy's feelings and ignore personal ones towards the ex, I believe. My wife has actively involved herself in my kids' lives and that has helped all of us. Maybe with your support he might find it easier because conversations can be lighter with a few people involved.

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy Melbourne!

Hope your JR has nice friends to stay with while you're away!