Monday 10 December 2007

Starting to feel better

For some reason I am now feeling much better than I was last week. Not that I am complaining!! I am so happy to be out of that sad and "cloudy" period......at least for the time being anyway! Thanks to everybody for their nice comments and for providing some advice on how to get the "black dog" off my back!

I had a good weekend.....J and I planted a vegetable garden in our backyard. This is something we have talked about for ages but have never actually completed so on Saturday afternoon this "mission" was accomplished. It is so cute! We have lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, pumpkin, carrots, strawberries, basil and chillies. Of course they are only "tiny" at the moment but I have faith in them! It is actually alot of fun to water them each night and to check out if there has been any progress. I hope they grow and don't just die....It will be nice to eat a salad that you literally "grew" yourself!

On Saturday night we got some Chinese takeaway and a bottle of wine. Yes....that is correct!! This "non-drinker" has found a wine she likes!!! I have never, ever liked alcohol at all but I discovered a wine called "Cienna". It is a red dessert wine by Brown Brothers.....$13 a bottle and it is really nice. It tastes like lollies. Perhaps this is because it is only 5% alcohol. After one glass I felt really "whoozy".....I guess 30 years of being sober does not make for a big drinker hey!?

Sunday was spent browsing a local market in my area and at Kurnell with my dogs. I found what I believe to be a small stingray on the beach at Kurnell. It was still alive but was wriggling around on the sand as though it had been caught unawares when the tide went out. So, I used my thongs to pick it up and put it back in the water. The whole time I had images of a barb coming out and stabbing me in the chest....like what happened to Steve Irwin. I was happy I may have played a part in saving this stingray/fish creature. I am actually fearless when it comes to helping animals.....I would do absolutely anything to try and save one.

Believe it or not folks, this morning I actually ventured to the Gym!!! Thanks to "BluesBuffet" for the tip! ;-) I did 45mins running on the treadmill at 10km/hr (incline zero). It was horrible but great to finish and get out of there at 7am with a workout completed. J came with me too, which was nice....even though he was in the weights section which is nowhere near the cardio stuff. I will have to get to the Gym at least 4 times a week because I am definitely heading to Melbourne for Xmas and I am soooooooo embarrassed for J's family to see me with this extra weight. So, I am thinking I can lose 2kgs by Xmas fairly easily if I stay away from the junk food and do some exercise. At least an extra 2-3 kilos won't look as bad as 4-6 will.

The funny thing is with me that I can put on 2kgs and it looks like 10! I think it's because I am so short that any gain is really obvious on me. 2kgs can mean that clothes become so tight on me and a 2kg loss can have them "swimming" on me. It is unfortunate that when you are short you have to be so much stricter with maintaining your weight.

Till next time
Miss Pinky

3 comments:

blues buffett said...

Well well - Cienna hey? Mrs BB and I guzzle this one down regularly. It is a little like lolly water, but after a bottle, packs a punch.
You may also like a variety called Dolcetto & Syrah. Brown Bros do one; Dan Murphy's does a good one but cheaper (about $10).
Good to hear the mood is improving - exercise sometimes does assist, doesn't it?
Wise old avuncular advice for today: don't worry about worrying about looking slim for the in laws. They shouldn't need a weigh-in to decide if they like you.
However, you are correct: if you watch what you eat, and do a bit of exercise, over a shortish timeframe, you'll lose weight (but maybe not in 15 days!).
If you live down south, you have heaps of great outdoors to explore - walking, riding, even running. The Kurnell peninsular is great, as is Cronulla.
Keep up the positive vibes.

Anonymous said...

oh i am SO much the same. being a shortie any weight on or off is huge to me!!! :)

mwah and see u when im back from the boobie op on thursday!

Juli said...

Glad you are feeling better!

You need to go out and buy yourself at least TWO really flattering outfits for your current size/shape for Christmas and Boxing Day! One for the day you arrive at J's family might be called for too! You've had a stressful year - you deserve a Christmas Pressie!

But if J's family is judgemental, you shouldn't have to put up with them. Stay home with the dogs!

My mom apparently spent much of Thanksgiving (that weird American holiday where we sit around and stuff our faces and watch American Football) at my brother's house spouting off about how she disapproves of remarriage after divorce and my fiance and I getting married. We weren't there, but I heard about it from my siblings. After that she thinks we're going to come to her house for Christmas? Don't think so. I'm not going to expose poor Rich to that!