Friday 25 January 2008

Positive Post at Long Last!!

I am feeling REALLY happy with myself today! For the past 2 days I have eaten "perfectly".....no naughty snacks at all.....and I have been very good with my exercise. I now see the trainer on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and I do a "Body Attack" class on Wednesdays. If I like, I can do no exercise Sat, Sun and Mon as 4 sessions is still good. Or I can add in an extra one during those 3 days. My arms and my bum are aching today from doing back-to-back sessions with him last night and this morning.

He also recommended that I go off the pill as he thinks this could be causing me to hold weight. I have been on the pill since I was about 16 (14 years at least) so I really don't know what my "natural" adult body looks like....That is, without the hormones. So, I have "kicked" the pill and J and I will now resort to condoms I guess. Gees I hate them but I am willing to give anything a try to get good results. At the moment I only get my periods 3-4 times a year because I keep cycling the active pills so I am NOT looking forward to regular periods at all. After 14 years I dare say they won't be too regular anyway! I am not meant to be on the pill anyway because I suffer from "visual aura migraines" (migraines that affect my vision) and taking the combined pill when you suffer from these increases your risk of stroke. The trainer didn't tell me this....I already knew this.

I can notice a small difference in my stomach. I think it has deflated a bit, which is awesome! Much more deflation is required though!!! A funny thing is that when I am being healthy J and I get on much better. Probably the exercise increases my "happy chemicals" or something! There is no doubt about it, exercise IS a great thing even though it is such a bitch to do most of the time!

My dog, Jack, is sick again! This time I believe he has "Kennel cough" which is a really bad thing. He has been vaccinated for this so he won't get really sick like non-vaccinated dogs do but I feel really sorry for the poor thing. He is so sad and walks around with his tail between his legs. I got woken up at 3am today by him coughing really hard. It sounds as though he is trying really hard to cough up phlegm or something and his whole chest area contracts while he does it. I will take him to the vet tonight to make sure he will be OK. It is my silly fault he has this....The dog park we always go to has had a sign up on the gate the last few days warning that Kennel Cough is present. I stupidly thought "How can it possibly just hang around in a park? He will be OK". I am a bad dog mother. Once again, Max is fine. I think his fat protects him from everything and he will live to 100!! I really worry about Jack and get petrified he will die young. I would need to go into a psychiatric hospital if he died....I could not cope!

On a more positive note, I am hanging out for this long weekend. I am not doing much at all but just looking forward to an extra day of not being at work. It has been pretty quiet at work and it has been so hard to try and stay busy....or at least "look" like I am busy! I hope I can stay pretty much on track with my eating over the weekend. I should plan some BBQ dinners or something (meat and salad) so I know what is on the menu. Tonight I am having homemade sushi for dinner and I can't wait....It is sooooooo yum and homemade means there is no mayonnaise in the rolls. I hate when sushi places put mayo in there.....It is so disgusting!!!

My thought of the day is: "You are not doing this to look slim....You are doing this because none of your winter clothes fit you. For this reason, you must succeed within the next few months".
This is the truth. My summer clothes are pretty much OK because they are all dresses and flowy skirts but my winter pants, jeans and coats do not fit and I really like my clothes so I don't want to buy new stuff.

Have a great long weekend everybody and "Happy Australia Day"!!

Miss Pinky

2 comments:

Cleo said...

awesome post! Go you! Winter clothes are a good goal!

As for going off the pill, you will notice a difference aye. Maybe look into other forms of contraception? I have a mirena (an IUS), it lasts for 5 years and is awesome!!!

Keep going hard, and hope the doggies are all ok!

jetsetterjess said...

Hi Miss Pinky,
I have just come accross your blog, must come back when I have a chance (I should be in bed now! lol) You look great, you look HEALTHY and that's the main thing.
Like Claire said, there are other forms of contraception. I have Implanon(4cm rod thingy in my arm) - it is great! I think it contributed to some weigh gain immediately after I had it in but don't let that scare you...different meds affect different ppl in different ways!
Nite!