Monday 14 January 2008

Back to the Grind

Monday again.....Yuck! I really miss the RDO's I used to get at my old work. It meant that I had something small to look forward to each month. Now it is simply 5 days each week, without a break. I guess I need to stop complaining because I have at least 30 years till retirement so I better get used to it. 30 years......330 months of working......7200 days.......57600 hours......I bet any 30-somethings reading this are in a really good frame of mind now!!! Sorry!!!

Anyway, my weekend was pretty good. On Saturday I went and got my glasses adjusted because they kept falling down my nose and were driving me crazy. Now they sit properly but my neck still aches when I wear them. I hope I can get used to them soon. I haven't had my usual afternoon headache so that is all good. Then I went and signed up for "3" wireless internet. It is really awesome....very quick to download.....and only costs $14.50 per month for 1GB. I am really happy with it and now I don't have cords all over the house! I spent the rest of Saturday sunbaking in the backyard, grocery shopping, etc.

Yesterday I went to the beach for a while and then had some lunch in the Mall and looked around the shops. I bought the same dress J got me for Xmas but in a different colour for less than half the price he paid....He is spewing!!! I always tend to buy the same things in different colours if I like them.

I did no exercise over the weekend because I woke up pretty late both days and, also, I had already completed 5 sessions during the week, which I thought would be sufficient. I will do some aerobics this afternoon and tomorrow morning I have my first personal training session. To be totally honest, I wish I hadn't organised this now because I don't want to pay the $425 but I feel obliged because I have booked it. If I cancelled, I would never go back to the Gym again just in case I saw the PT. This is just the way I am....rather weak and petrified of confrontation or people thinking badly of me. I guess any normal person would just cancel and not give it a second thought but I am far from "normal"! Perhaps this will force me to be more healthy as I know I am paying money to get results. Maybe it is just the lazy part of me that wants to cancel!

Food-wise I did OK over the weekend....Mostly I ate fairly healthily but I did have Thai food on Saturday night and I had an icecream and some lollies yesterday. All in all it is better than I would usually do on a weekend. I weigh about 1.2kgs less than last Monday, so at least somehing is shifting.....even if I am not being perfect.

I watched this TV show last night about celebrities getting their "body back" after having babies. Man....I can't believe the lengths these people go to to lose weight! Although I think the extreme measures are really bad for you (soup diets, etc) I am envious of their willpower and dedication. They are just so tiny!!!!

Anyway, back to the "grind" for me.....

Miss Pinky

4 comments:

Waffles said...

Hi Miss Pinky!! thanks for popping in to my blog hunni:)

I missed that show about the celebrity mums, dam!! Yes they are so tiny it makes me sick!!

Have a great day:)

Emx

Rachael said...

You are LUCKY to have PT sessions- I would love some, but no, I won't spend the money on it, so I guess I hear where you are coming from! Congrats on the good loss so far- that is awesome!

Nic said...

Good on you for doing something for yourself...look at the PT as an investment...in you! you won't regret it babes.
Glad you had a great weekend, nice bargon on the dress!

have a good day!

Anonymous said...

PT's are great! I'd get one, but I have an ED and they just crap on and on and OOOOOON and I don't need the shit quite frankly!!

You will totally get results using a PT honey, just give it a chance!

xx