Friday 2 May 2008

Running & Stuff

Last night was my last session with my personal trainer. Yay!!! I feel so relieved! I guess I liked seeing him because it meant I had to go to the Gym at certain times and couldn’t pike out and we also did some different things but, in all honesty, I saw him for about 3 months 3 times a week and didn’t see any real results. I know it’s not his fault….It is mine for not being really strict with my food but I am happy I am not paying all that money for no results anymore. There is no point paying the money if I’m not strict with the food. He believes J and I will continue seeing him after the half marathon but I guess that was our “soft approach” to cancelling him. After the half, we will let him know we have decided to channel the $750 every 4 weeks into something else.

So now that I have no set training times, I can concentrate on the running. I did a 16.5K run on Monday night. It was absolutely FREEZING but I got through it pretty well. My speed averaged 6.4min K’s so I am still on track for that cutoff!!! Lower back pain really kicked in for the last few K’s but I just have to deal with that. I will take some nurofen before the race to try and prevent some of the pain and also to avoid any migraines coming along. I asked some questions about the lower back pain on long runs when I first started running the longer distances last year and I was told it was happening because my core strength was poor. I have done heaps of core work with my trainer the last few months so I really believe it is just my body not being used to continually moving in the same way for such a long time.

I am running 10K’s after work today….Lovely day here so I am lucky! I will do another 10K run over the weekend and Monday will be my last long run before the half……19K’s. I am confident I will make the distance now that I have added some long runs into my training.

Work has been so crap lately! It has been really, really busy and I have had to come in early to keep up with the workload. There are also people at work who are really annoying me at the moment…..adults acting like little kids! Anyway I will just soldier on…..no point complaining because nobody will listen.

I watched the Biggest Loser finale last night. Some of them had amazing results…..especially the finalists. They looked completely different. I haven’t talked much about my weight lately because I haven’t really been as focused on it as usual. I am still the same weight but I think I look slightly leaner. I have come to accept (I think) that I will always have bigger legs and I just have to be the best I can be. I am thinking I may do a low carb diet after the half but I will certainly wait until after that or I won’t finish!!

I am not sure what’s on the agenda for this weekend?? I have no plans as yet but I am very much looking forward to escaping from work for a couple of days……although my job requires me to be on call 24hrs 7 days a week so HOPEFULLY I don’t get any phone calls!!!!

Have a great weekend all!

Miss Pinky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooo hoooooooooooooo go the pt!!

and get back to my blog for sexiness!!!!! benjiiiiiiiiiii