Wednesday 14 May 2008

4 more sleeps

Just a quick update.....4 more sleeps until the half. I am very scared now!!! I am especially worried because I hurt my calf on Saturday night through wearing high heels!!!! I was thinking I may have to pull out of Sunday altogether but it is much, much better today so I have no excuse now. Because of my calf injury, I missed my runs on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so I am feeling a little "behind the 8 ball" to say the least!!! I now have to run tonight and tomorrow night to make up for the missed sessions (looking at 8-10K each run). This means my rest days will now be limited to Friday and Saturday. Oh well....nothing else I can do!

I bought some awesome Motorola wireless headphones the other day. They were a great investment and I love not having any cords to deal with when I am running. They "talk" to my IPOD via bluetooth.....very cool! I also went to the Nike factory outlet at Auburn on the weekend and picked up a heap of stuff at really cheap prices. I would recommend this store for anybody who runs as they have great running tops and shorts at cheap prices. I didn't look at the shoes at all because Nike runners don't suit my feet.

Work is still very busy and I still can't focus on it. I really feel the need for at least a few days break but I have nobody to cover for me. It is all really starting to get me down. I have become so sharp to people on the phone because I am sick of them calling me all the time. Hopefully my work attitude improves after Sunday when I am not distracted by the race.

Anyway....back to the grindstone.....

Miss Pinky

4 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Hey Miss Pinky - thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

You'll have a ball on Sunday - it's a really great, social event for the CR community :-)

Besides, I'm pretty sure I remember you being at the Bankstown Half and that is way tougher ;-)

See you on Sunday!!!

Anonymous said...

you are gonna be fine sweetie, good on you.. you deserve a fricken medal!!!! gooo team!

Miss LJ said...

Good luck on SUnday!! I'll be thinking of ya. Hope that the calf is OK, and I think its awesome that youa re setting this challenge for yourself!!

Hope work sorts itself out soon - I can understand where you are coming from....

Have a good one!!!

MISS PINKY said...

Thanks for the comments!
Just think of me at 9am Sunday because I will have about 45 minutes to go at that point and will be hurting like absolute hell!!!

Beki....the Bakstown half was the most revolting run I have ever done. I got a severe migraine at the 7km mark but still finished and vomited the rest of the day....Lovely!!! I pray to God it is easier than that! See you there!