Thursday 8 May 2008

10 days until Half Marathon

So I think cancelling my trainer was the best thing to do. I have lost more weight in the past week than in 3 months seeing him! Running is definitely the best way for me to strip off the kilos. I am 64kgs today so I have cracked the 65kg plateau that my body loves.

I have 10 days until the half and my training is going to plan. I did a 19K run on Monday and, although I was close to tears for the last few K's (back pain), I finished and finished in a good time too. I would say I am on track for a 2 hour 15 minute finish next Sunday. This is my last long run before the race too. I will run a few 10K's and one 14K and I will have 3 days of complete rest starting next Thursday. I can't wait!!!! For the rest that is!!

I got my bib and chip in the mail yesterday so it is all very "real" now. The course looks a bit daunting to me. I hope I don't get lost and I hope it's not too hilly either. Unfortunately the course is 2 laps. This always plays with my mind...seeing the same things twice. Must think positive thoughts!!!!

So this weekend I have a friend's birthday on Saturday afternoon/night at a bar in the City. I am really feeling like a night out but unfortunately I won't be able to stay too late or I will mess up my training. I wish his birthday was after next weekend!! Sunday is Mother's Day so I am making the trek to my brother's house for lunch. That is over 2 hours in travelling time in itself!

Work has been terribly busy and I am just "burying my head in the sand" by trying to ignore the mountains of paperwork on my desk! I am going to be in a big mess by the end of the month. All I can think about is next Sunday....I can't focus on anything else.

Well it will all be over very soon....

Miss Pinky

4 comments:

Juli said...

When I've done loop courses, I find that the second time through I know where I'm going and can focus on increasing my split times over the same sections.

Tully said...

Woohoo on getting under 65 kilos! That must fee awesome.

19k run, I can't even imagine... Good luck.

Michael said...

I'm from Brisbane and i will be there on Sunday. I managed 2.13 two years ago so will also be trying to avoid the cutoff mark.

I too plan to do 14, 8 and 8 this week.

You should just get out there tonight and just start slowly walking /stretching etc and see how you go.

Hoping to cross the 11k around 66 mins. Hope to see you there . Good luck.

MISS PINKY said...

Thanks guys!

I am getting scared now....Only 5 days to go!

Michael...I hope I see you because that means I will make the cutoff!!! I will be wearing my Cool Running cap and will be panting like there is no tomorrow!!!! :-)