Friday 16 May 2008

So here comes the rain

Sunday A few showers. Windy. City: Min: 10 Max: 16
West: Min: 8 Max: 15


mmmmm....nice weather forecast for Sunday.....NOT!!!
I don't really mind the cold. It will be much better than heat but if it rains that means I can't use my IPOD!!! I went for a 10K run last night without it and ran such a terrible time that I will miss the cutoff if I run that pace on Sunday!!! I am thinking I will just use my headphones and if they break, that is $129 I will have to dish out again. Maybe this is a better price to pay than failure???

So I am all booked into a hotel room for Saturday night. I do this to get a break from my dogs and housework before a race (dogs stay at my Mums). It gives me a chance to relax and prepare myself mentally. With the new running gear, entry fee, headphones, supplements, hotel cost, etc....this run has cost me about $1500 I reckon!! You would think I was an elite athlete or something!!!

**Update on the calf: It all seems OK after applying my blend of Voltaren Emulgel and Deep Heat for a few days. It is a little tender but nothing of any real concern.

All training is now complete and it is up to the "Gods" now what eventuates on Sunday. Today is my sister's 20th bday so I have dinner and drinks tonight. I don't drink so that is all OK. Only issue is that I MUST NOT wear high heels or I will hurt my calf again. A pretty dress looks silly with flat shoes when you are a midget like me so I think I will have to stick to jeans. Tomorrow morning I will rush around and take my dogs to the park and to the Vet for their vaccinations, then wash them and drop them at my Mum's. After this, it will be pure relaxation all afternoon and evening.....with a little carb loading on Saturday night.

This will be my last post before:
(a) Dying
(b) Failure or
(c) Personal Victory
Let's all pray for option "C"!!

I will post a race report after the race.

Have a great weekend all!!!!

No comments: