Tuesday 4 March 2008

Half Marathon

I am not sure what has come over me but I have registered today for the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon on May 18th. I must be crazy! Already my palms feel sweaty and it is 2 and a half months away!!!! This may sound rather insane but I don't think I am going to train for this run. I will just stick to my usual fitness routine.....5 sessions per week, consisting of 3 personal training sessions (including 3.5kms running each session), 1 Body Attack class and one Boxing class or a 10km run. I am only planning on seeing the trainer for another month so, once the month is up, I will replace these training sessions with 10km runs. About 4-5 weeks out from the half, I will up some of the 10K's to about 15K's but that will be it. I am not running this to any particular time and I know I can do the distance.....so I will not be killing myself with the weekly long runs that smash me for a week. My fitness level is very good so I will be OK. This is what I am telling myself anyway!!!!
Not much else has been happening. Still plodding along trying to lose some weight. I am not the "angel" I was a few weeks ago. I still stick to my exercise but have had the odd day here and there of bad eating. My clothes still fit luckily so I need to try and restrict the bad stuff a little more. I know it will be much easier running the half with a few less kilos to lug around!!

Jack does not need an operation ($300 X-Ray later). They think he has soft tissue damage or perhaps early onset arthritis. He is having a course of injections and glucosamine/chondroitin supplements and we will see how he goes. Hopefully it improves but there is a chance he will need injections on and off for the rest of his life. At least he won't be all stressed out and hurt from an operation.

Work has been very, very hectic. I can't believe how busy it has been!!! I can't spend my usual time reading Blogs!! At least the days go pretty quickly. I get paid my bonus next month and I can't wait! Although I am yet to decide what I will do with the money. I should really put it in savings but I would love to buy something exciting....
Here are a couple of pics from the wedding we went to last week. I just LOVE this dress. It is my sister's....so pretty and so comfortable!



Over and Out


Miss Pinky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the dress is sooo cute and well done for committing to the run! you will rock it in sista!!! x