Tuesday 18 March 2008

Finding the Balance

Still doing really well with my exercise and sticking to the 5 sessions per week. I am not sure how much longer I will stick with the trainer.....it is getting rather expensive!! I am just worried if I stop seeing him I will stop going to the Gym because I have no "appointment" to attend. I guess I will have to start some serious running training very soon to be ready for this half marathon in May! I have been doing a little running but only up to 10km and I need to get to about 15/16km distances ASAP.

My food has been rather "mixed"......plenty of healthy stuff mixed in with treats when I feel like them. The treats have probably been a little too frequent but I actually feel "good" (gasp!) about myself. I did a Body Attack class last night and a couple of times I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirrors and I looked like a "normal" person....not an overweight person. This was a good feeling!!

I did some "exercise shopping" on the weekend. I got a matching Gym outfit (tights and singlet), some new weights gloves and some new boxing wraps. The cost of anything to do with being healthy (fruit, vegetables, meat, running shoes, exercise clothes, etc, etc) just makes me sick!!! We have such an issue with obesity in this country and the cost of healthy living just goes up all the time. If I want a complete meal, I can get this at Hungry Jacks (burger, chips, coke and icecream thing) for under $6......yet a chicken and salad roll costs more than that alone. Every week when I do the grocery shopping I try so hard to save money and I am finding it basically impossible. If I want to eat healthy, I need to pay the price. If I were content to live on 2 minute noodles, chips, chocolate, etc.....I could save plenty of money. This is my bitch for the day!

So J and I are off to Melbourne for the weekend. We are driving with the dogs....Such a long drive....Yuck!!! I am looking forward to some time off and just pottering around Melbourne. I am really looking forward to the cakes in St Kilda to be honest....ha ha ha!!!! Yummo!!!!

Well I best be off and do some work now....

Miss Pinky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh have fun in melbourne, we are off there too but not driving thank goodness!

i love gym clothes shopping, hell, i love any shopping.. as you might have been able to tell from my recent posting tee hehe

xxx

Anonymous said...

You're coming to Pricktoria?

Visit meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!