Wednesday 26 March 2008

Easter Update

So I am back at work after 5 days away. It was so nice to have some time off! Our drive to and from Melbourne took 11 hours each way. This included our regular stops at Yass and Albury. It wasn't too bad because the dogs were sedated. I wish I knew about this "sedative" business the last time we drove there!

The place we stayed in was very nice and modern and opened directly out into a massive dog park.....which was really convenient. The only issue was that the "landlady" was a mad psycho with a massive list of house rules, which she rattled off as soon as we stepped out of the car. She didn't want the dogs on the lounge, on the bed, in the garden, eating anything other than dry food....blah blah blah!!! Why rent the place out as "pet friendly" then???? Luckily she went away on Friday arvo until Sunday arvo so we had some peace and quiet.



As soon as she came back she started again....yelling out at us from the balcony above....telling us where to go in Melbourne, asking where the dogs were sleeping, etc. She yelled out that she had to come down and water the garden so we had to lock the dogs inside. Stupid cow!!!! To top it off she started calling Jason's mobile on Sunday night when we were at dinner to tell us the dogs were barking. The dogs were only barking because the "holiday villa" she was renting out was actually the lower level of her townhouse she had converted into a separate residence and, as such, the dogs could hear her stomping around above them and they must have thought she was trying to break in. We were gone for about an hour in total and she carried on so much when we returned. Lovely place but I will never stay there again. It felt like we were staying at a distant relatives house....no privacy at all!



Despite the stupid freak, we had a good time in Melbourne. We had some yummy food and even ventured out to a "night spot" on Saturday night. I had a few drinks, which is very unusual for me but I felt it the next day. Melbourne is starting to "grow" on me. They are much more welcoming of dogs there and there are so many more places to eat and things to do than in Sydney. If we had jobs there, I may even consider moving. The real estate is much cheaper than Sydney, that's for sure!



Much of the weekend was spent with me trying on jeans. I desperately want a pair but after trying on around 50 pairs (no joke) I realise they probably don't make jeans that look nice on girls with bigger legs/bum and smaller waist. Also, all the jeans seem to be really low cut and the higher waisted ones are all skinny jeans. Damn! I need jeans because J bought a really hot motorbike last week. He traded in the scooter for this puppy.....


Exept it is yellow, black and grey. It is one hot bike....let me tell you!!! So we bought some leather riding jackets in Melbourne....J's matches the bike perfectly and mine is white. I need some jeans to wear with it because leather pants don't work on me.

Exercise was non existent in Melbourne. All I did was eat.....but I enjoyed every minute of it! Back to the Gym this morning and it was amazing how easy running was after a few days rest and heaps of carbs! I even got up to 14km/hr on the treadmill which normally does not happen. On a bad note, my trainer did my body fat percentage on his scales this morning and it was 25%!!!! That means 1/4 of my body is pure lard!!! Yuck!!!! Oh well.....one day at a time....

Miss Pinky

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for melbourne! i cant believe we were so close.. damn it where was that cake shop?? hehe

xox

Waffles said...

Nice bike!! My hubby has a gsx1400..dammit!!! they are dangerous machines!

NikkiD said...

Nice bike!! And I hate jeans shopping too!

Anonymous said...

hey chicky,

i came here for an update and nothing! hehehe

yup it's an R necklace, awww i am soooo bec and leyton! hahaha

;)

Andrea said...

Hi Carla
I'm glad you have decided to go for the half at Sydney. You won't regret it. Just think - I had three out of the past 4 weeks almost completely off training. Just make sure you get the nutrition right and that you have done enough base training and i am positive that you will do brillinatly!

Andjxx