Tuesday 28 August 2007

Perhaps I am finally on track???

(Me at first Half)

Today is the second day of my “healthy living” plan. At the end of last week I had a good look at myself in the mirror and I was pretty disgusted with my reflection. How could I have let all my hard work go to waste? My stomach is enormous and I just feel so horrible! I tried on a dress on the weekend that I wore all last summer and I could hardly zip it up. When I did manage to get the zip done up, I had a crease in my back from where the fat was overlapping….yuck! I cannot go out and buy new clothes so I need to get some weight off…Simple! The last few weeks I have had no energy at all from all the junk food and the minimal exercise I have been doing so I need to make this change. I want to look in the mirror without feeling absolutely grossed out and I want to be fit again.

Since yesterday I have been eating healthily (no chocolate which is amazing) and I have been for a run both mornings before work. I am already feeling better and a little bit less disgusted at myself. My plan is to exercise 5 days a week (4 runs and one spin class) and try to lose 4kgs by the half marathon, which is 4 weeks away. I will feel so much better running with a little less weight. If I do reach my goal, I will buy a new running outfit for the half marathon as my reward. All in all, I need to lose 8kgs but 4kgs will make me feel much better too!

As much as I hate getting up at 5am to go running, I actually enjoy being out at that time because it is very quiet and I enjoy seeing the sun starting to rise just before I finish. I have only been running 8kms each day and it has actually been pretty hard. How on earth I will run the HM I do not know!!?? On Sunday I am heading to the national park with J to attend a HM training course that they run there. It is an 18km track. I am dreading it because I hate the lower back pain of the last few kms. 18kms will not be as bad as 21kms though….so I should only be in real pain for about 2kms.

I almost forgot to provide an update on the Bankstown Half Marathon……It was so horrible!!!! It was absolutely pouring rain the day of the race but we went along anyway. I was as nervous as anything but started out running at a pretty good pace (6min kms) for the first 7kms. Then….a bad migraine set in. I could not believe my bad luck!!! My vision was so bad that I could hardly see the race marshalls who were directing people which way to go. As such, I went the wrong way for about half a km and had to turn around and find the “right way”. Somehow, I struggled through each kilometre telling myself “Just one more and you can finish”. I ran the whole 21kms. I was so sore….my lower back felt like it was about to snap off from the pain, even though I had applied deep heat at about the 16km mark. I finished in 2 hours 28 mins, which I was happy with. J did 1 hour 47 mins….legend!!! After the run, we basically headed straight home as I felt very sick from my untreated migraine. I threw up out the car window three times on the way home and spent all day and night in bed. For the Blackmores half I will be having nurofen before the run just in case and I will also take some with me. I hate migraines!!!!! A pic of me running the half is at the top of this post. This is a pre-migraine photo.

Work is still good but a little quiet at the moment. There is at least 3 hours each day where I really have nothing to do and I am just struggling to waste time. J and I bought a scooter on the weekend and he is going for his licence on the 18th Sep so after this he will ride himself to and from work. This will give me an extra 3 hours of free time per day so will make my life much more enjoyable. This will mean I will have more time for exercise or walking the dogs or simply to do housework at a reasonable hour. The scooter is so cute…..bright red. It will be so much fun going to the beach on it in Summer.

It is my birthday in 2 and a half weeks…..The big “3-0”!!!! I am actually having a McDonalds party for it as I thought this was the best option for dinner due to the fact that my nieces and nephew are young and don’t eat foods that I like (Thai, etc). I love Maccas anyway so it’s not like I won’t enjoy it. This will be a very naughty meal for me. I will be very good apart from that day to balance things out. I also have the day off work for my birthday and I have a feeling J has organised something special. I am thinking Hot Air Ballooning as he mentioned something about this the other day…..or a night in a hotel. I hope it’s a night in a hotel because I would love to have some relaxing time. Oh well, not long to wait to find out! I can’t wait to get presents….I love presents!!!!!

Well I am off now to “look busy” for a few hours….

Ciao
Miss Pinky

No comments: