Tuesday 14 August 2007

Long Time No Post!

It has been a while, hasn't it?! The reason for the long break in between posts is that my new job is very full-on. I am enjoying it but it is a busy role and the days just fly by....A good thing I guess! I have been there a couple of weeks now and I feel as though I am picking up things pretty quickly.

Running has been virtually non-existent as I have been one lazy hippo.....although I have decided to run in the Bankstown Half Marathon this Sunday. I was due to do a long run anyway so this way I will be forced into it! I will be struggling from a severe lack of preparation and fitness but I am just going to look at it as a practice run for the Blackmores Half.

I didn't run in the City to Surf last Sunday but I did go down there to cheer J on, who did it. I have NEVER seen so many people in one spot! It was so packed that it scared me! J said it was heaps of fun.....people cheering everywhere and giving out lollies, etc along the way. J finished in about 70 mins, which he was happy with. At least he can get in the first pack next year with this time. The runners looked awesome....especially the ones who came in first. Those girls have the best bodies I have ever seen! Unbelievable! I don't think I will ever run in this as the volume of runners would really put me off. Good on all those who did it though! ;-)

J and I are off to Melbourne next weekend for 2 nights. J's best friend is moving OS so we are going to farewell him. As I can't get any time off from work we can only go from Friday night until Sunday but that's OK. It will be plenty of time to eat cakes and biscuits...ha ha ha!!!! I bet it will be freezing so I will be sure to pack for the occasion. I don't really like Melbourne but I love staying in hotels and having some time away from household jobs, etc.

I had a hideous night last night....Jack started throwing up at 4am and threw up about 5 times before it was my real "wake up time". Poor boy! I don't know why he always gets sick?? He has had a blood test and they come up showing he is healthy but there always seems to be something wrong with him. He seems OK now though and is at least drinking water. If he is sick again, I will take him to the Vet. He is off to the Vet on Thursday night anyway as his wound from the operation has a massive lump under it. I will be so upset if they have to operate again. Max is going strong as usual....He is tough as nails....A bit too tough at times!

Well I am off....
Miss Pinky

No comments: