Friday 7 September 2007

Horrible, horrible day

It is a rainy crappy day in Sydney and, although it is the APEC holiday, I am at work. I chose to work today as I am having my 30th birthday off next Friday instead. I do plan on leaving an hour earlier today though as it is very quiet here.

I have been rather bad the last 2 days with my food and exercise....a bit of chocolate and other things I shouldn't be eating and I am not running today....even though I am meant to be. I am in another "I don't care stage", which I am all too familiar with! It just all seems a bit too difficult for me at times.

I think the main reason for going off the rails is that I am having a bit of a sad time emotionally at the moment. Just some not-so-happy stuff going on personally but I shall work through it....one chocolate bar at a time....ha ha ha!!! Very unfortunately, I am not only a bored eater but also an emotional eater so times like this are fraught with danger for me.

The half marathon is only 2 weeks away and I will run like an overweight corgi on three legs....as usual! My back is still sore after my long run last Sunday and I just hope and pray it gets better by the HM or I will be in absolute agony!!

A very funny thing happened the other day....I checked the mail when I arrived home from work and there was a small padded parcel bag in there. I thought "It must be a little birthday present from someone". I opened it up and it was actually a bronze medal from the Bankstown Half Marathon I did a few weeks ago. I had come third in my age group.....although there were only 3 girls in my age group.....ha ha ha!!!!!! The only medal I have ever received in my life was for coming 1st in my form for Maths in year 12 so I feel very proud to have a medal for running, even though I really came last!

I bought some new runners last weekend. I have decided the $180 Nikes that have only been worn twice will never be getting near my feet again....what a big waste of money!!! They are just so uncomfortable I can't stand it! I bought a pair of my "tried and true" Asics Gels, which is the only runner I have ever worn besides my Nike mistake!!! I went for an 18k run on Sunday in them with no pain at all. I also bought myself a fuel belt so I could run long training runs and a running cap. I am not used to the fuel belt yet but it certainly felt much better after I had drunk all the fluids and it was empty!!! I won't use this for the HM as there are drink stations every km and I don't need anything extra to annoy me as it will be hard enough!

I am not sure what I am doing this weekend?? I should really be doing some running but that will all depend on my mood. Maybe I will just have to make myself do 2 short runs so all my training the last few weeks does not go to waste. I know that technically I should be tapering but, trust me, my life is a taper! I hope I can lift myself out of this dark head space I am in and have some fun this weekend.....But I am really not sure what will happen....

Till next time....
Miss Pinky

No comments: