Friday 21 September 2007

Birthday and Running Update

I am now officially in my “thirties” and I don’t feel any different so my fear was unfounded. I had an awesome birthday!! The secret getaway that J took me on was to the Blue Mountains. He had booked a lovely Victorian style room, complete with spa, log fire, strawberries and chocolates and he even booked me into the spa for a facial and massage. It was such a lovely, thoughtful gesture….I was very impressed! It was great to just relax and not have to worry about housework or the dogs (they were at my Mum’s and I love them to death but enjoy a small break every now and then as they are so full-on). We went to a nice little Mediterranean restaurant on the Thursday night and had some yummy pizza and pasta. After this, J produced a small birthday mudcake back at the hotel and he even had ice-cream to go with it. I was so full afterwards but it was all delicious. We had a buffet breakfast in the morning after a great sleep-in and then had our spa treatment. After this, we had a quick look around Katoomba, grabbed some lunch (more yummy cakes) and drove back to Sydney.

Then I had my McDonald’s party on the Friday night with my family. I will post some pics when I work out how to do it!! It was nice and casual and my sister had bought the most amazing ice-cream cake I have ever had!!! It was from Wendy’s and was Cookies and Cream flavour, with scoops of all different flavours on top and the whole cake had big rectangles of chocolate around it….YUMMO!!!!

I got some good pressies too. The best present is the most amazing hair straightener from my sister. It is one of those ionic straighteners which cost about $300. I think the brand is “Kodo” or something like that and it is FANTASTIC!!! In about 15 seconds it heats up to 210 degrees and perfectly straightens my bushy “paddle pop lion” hair in no more than 10 minutes. I am so impressed that I can finally wear my hair down!!! I wish I knew how good these things were earlier!

Well my half marathon is only 2 days away now!!!! I have been nearly “spot on” this week with my food and I have clocked up 38kms of running. Now I have 2 days of complete rest before Sunday. J and I are staying in a hotel at North Sydney on Saturday night so we don’t have to get up at 3am to get to the run (we live on the other side of Sydney) and also so I can have a lovely sleep in a king-size bed without the dogs. My Mum is minding them again. Last week I was feeling sick with a bad cold and I also had a very sore back but I am happy to report that I am all better and ready to “attack” this half marathon. Although I am not sure you can call a pace of 7min kilometres an “attack”?? I feel a little nervous but I know I can do the distance and I will make sure I have nurofen before the run to combat any migraines that may arise. I am actually looking forward to running over the harbour bridge….It should be cool! I bought some fantastic new Asics running tights last weekend and I am just loving them!! They do not move at all and are so comfortable.

So the plan until Sunday is to get plenty of rest, do no exercise and have a bit of a “carb load” on Saturday. Not that I really believe you need it for a half marathon but any excuse will do! I am such a carb addict!!!!

Take care and enjoy the weekend
Miss Pinky

No comments: