Tuesday 8 July 2008

Finally.....Some Running

Enough is enough!!! I can't keep on avoiding running and just sit on my lounge eating bad food. My clothes are tight and I feel yuck! It is about a 3 kilo gain on the scales but it feels like about a 10 kilo gain of fat. So......I ran. I ran 7K's last night and it was so painful and so hard! I couldn't breathe properly and I could feel every inch of the extra weight I am carrying. It was a very hard slog and I had to stop quite a few times. I can't even imagine how I ran a half marathon 7 weeks ago! I felt so terrible afterwards for letting myself get this unfit. Unfortunately there is no "easy option" when it comes to fitness so I just need to keep at it and never have a 7 week rest from running ever again.

Despite the fact that the last thing I felt like doing this morning was going for a run, I dragged my fat arse out of bed and went. 7K's again and a tiny bit easier than last night. My pace is 7 minute K's, which is simply disgusting! I am normally 6.2 minute K's. The extra weight is dragging me done literally!! I know I will get back to where I was at but I need to keep getting out there and doing the K's. It is so much harder at the moment due to my lack of fitness though.

I have Boxing tonight and, ordinarily, I would hate to do 2 sessions in one day but I need to lose some weight very urgently so I am going.

I did my Bikram yoga last Friday night. It is not for me. A bit too "trippy" for me. The actual yoga was OK and I quite enjoyed the heat but the odd breathing sounds and the "talk" of the teacher turned me off. I sort of felt like I was being indoctrinated into some sort of cult. No offence to people who do yoga....I just think this type of yoga is not for me.....or maybe it was just this certain school that was not right?? The "talk" of the teacher seemed to assume that anybody who is doing yoga is there because there is something "wrong" in their life. Besides the fact that I am not the luscious size 8 that I wish I was, there is nothing "wrong" with me. I was just trying yoga for the stretching and strengthening aspect. I will stick to the Pilates though because that was great.

As of today I have started to be strict with my food again. I can't keep stuffing cakes and chocolate into my mouth and wonder why my clothes don't fit. It is only me who can make the change so that is what I am going to do. I think I need to cut out carbs (bread, rice, pasta, etc) completely so I will slowly start omitting things....otherwise I will feel like I am starving and binge.

Work is crap! I am pretty sick of it. Sick of dealing with stupid, annoying people. I hope I start to feel better about it but at the moment I am certainly not enjoying it. I can't wait for December to take 4 weeks leave and go overseas!!!

Miss Pinky

No comments: