Friday 11 July 2008

Another run bites the dust!

I went out for another 7K this morning. Once again I struggled and still sitting at about a 7min/K pace. I find it hard to believe I ran a half marathon about 8 weeks ago. Having said this, it was slightly easier than last time. I can't wait to get some fitness back so this running business is not such hard work. I will NEVER have such a long break from running again!!!

I went to a Pilates class last night. It was very good and I enjoyed it. Perhaps I have finally found a physical activity that I am slightly "OK" at?? I think Pilates works well with running....gives me a good chance to relax a bit and do some stretching and strengthening. It is so nice to come out of the Gym "dry" and not have to peel my sweaty clothes off my body.

My food is still excellent.....although my calories may be on the low side so I need to watch that. I don't care much for food at all at the moment. I only know that lunch time has arrived because my stomach grumbles like crazy. This is a VERY weird feeling for me. Certainly makes it easier to control food intake when you have no appetite though! The scales are down 2 kilos from Monday, although I am fully aware this would not be a "real" loss...probably just water and the shock of doing exercise again!

I am feeling really tired today. I can't wait to leave work in half an hour. It feels as though everybody is staring at my PC today and I have spent too much time surfing the net because it is quiet. I hate nosey people!!!!

I am having sushi for dinner tonight. There is an awesome sushi place near where I live....I have become addicted! After sushi, I will just veg out on the couch and have an early night. Tomorrow I will try hard to sleep in and then probably take my dogs out and get some housework done. Sunday is the Sri Chinmoy 10K for me and a half for J.....With my lack of fitness I will probably feel more shattered than him afterwards!! I am guessing I will only have to "hang around" for about half an hour after my 10K for J to finish....Probably the only benefit of being so mismatched in running ability! So it is shaping up as a fairly boring weekend really....but anything is better than being at work.

Kitty....Looking forward to you coming to Sydney soon. I am looking forward to meeting you as I am equally entrigued and scared by you.....ha ha ha!!! Your posts provide me with so much entertainment every day!

Have a good weekend everybody.....

Miss Pinky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Pinky Pinkster! Don't be scared of little old me.

I won't bite, unless you ask really nice.

Mwah

;o)

Miss LJ said...

Hope you run went well today...good on you for getting back into it...I seem to have lost my mojo a bit...can't get any exercise in and slack on the food front....

Have fun meeting Kitty, I reckon it will a great experience for both of you!!

pOrcelain hearts said...

hii! u got a great blog!! i would like you to get a look at my new blog. (i have already one, but i made this with a friend, is quite new) and tell me what u think about it... i would keep coming to read urs!
bye!!

stay strong!

xoxoxo!!

PS. We would like if you can copy this chat room, we want it to be into much blogs as possible, ty

MiMi said...

thats sooooo kwl ?!?!?!?1?!?1