Monday 11 August 2008

City to Surf, Kitty Meet (meat) & Jenny Craig

Firstly, I would like to describe the excellent preparation I had for the City to Surf….I injured my neck on Wednesday and the pain was all the way down my left shoulder and half my back. I had to see a physio for the first time in my life and he helped to “ease the pain” a bit but I was still feeling slightly tender. For this reason, I missed my planned training from Wednesday and had to completely rest until race day. I just planned on doing the best I could and walking if I felt the need. What I didn’t plan on was heading out on Saturday night to meet Kitty and the other bloggers and drinking and getting to bed at about 3am! I also missed dinner here too. Thing is, I never drink but I decided to “take it up” the night before the race. About midnight I developed a migraine and, as such, I also had to take 2 panadeine forte on top of my alcohol. I woke up on Sunday after about 4 hours sleep feeling as seedy as anything! I also woke up too late for breakfast. I considered missing the race altogether but I decided I may as well give it a whirl.

Somehow, it all came together and I managed to cross the finish line in around 88 minutes. I was expecting about 95 so I was very happy with 88. I don’t feel like a fraud for having that green bib anymore! I was expecting to walk at least part of heartbreak hill but I ran the whole 14kms and I didn’t even feel the need to take any walking breaks. Now, that is one tough course! It is not so much heartbreak hill that is the killer but the whole course is hilly. Anyway, it’s all over now so that’s another one done and dusted. Gyspy…..thanks for checking how it all went! :-)

About the Kitty meet…..let me just say that “what you see is what you get”! Kitty is one cool chicky babe and a tiny little thing to boot! J most certainly enjoyed the lap dance he received from her! Tania was also there and so was Fanny and Katie. Really great girls and very down to earth and “real”. So different to most pretentious barbie dolls that I meet! I had a great night! Looking forward to meeting Kitty again.....meaow!

Today is my first day of Jenny Craig. I was feeling a little starving before lunch but now I feel OK. I was on this a few years ago and the food is OK…expensive but OK. Last time it would have been much harder because I was much bigger and came straight from a diet of pizza and cake. This time at least I am active and have a semi-healthy diet so it’s not such a “shock” to the system. It will be hard having my frozen dinner tonight though while J has his gourmet home cooked meal. J is a great cook! Anyway, in about 10 weeks I should be luscious so it will all be worth it…..I wish!

No exercise tonight and, for this week, I am only going to do 3-4 sessions to help me ease into my new eating plan.

Ciao for now!
Miss Pinky.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh stop! i'm blushing my knickers off over here!

you need that jenny craig cunt about as much as meeeeeeeeeeeee.

you smoking hot babygirl, tania cannot stop crapping on about how cute you are [note: tania is staight, but a very fussy biatch anyways]

tell j i adored my job as temporary crotch jockey extraordinaire....but it was really your frillies i wanted to get into....

meow

MISS PINKY said...

Tania and yourself must both need glasses Kitty!!! Yes....I do need Miss Jenny in my life....only for a maximum of 10 weeks though.

I think J enjoyed being the horse too my dear! No complaints from him!

PS: Where do I find Tania's blog??

Violet said...

Darhlink..... alas... i did think you were one very cute and very nice girl. It was such a pleasure to meet you and j. i had such a great time. Am sorry but do not actually have a blog.....xxx Cannot wait to catch up with you again....Tan.

MISS PINKY said...

Hello "Miss Violet"!!
I was frantically searching for you blog but now find it does not exist!!

Great meeting you....you are lovely and so down to earth! I hope we get to meet again!

emharvie said...

You go girl! I can't believe you did C2S after such a big night - and still kicked A*** You rock!!!

Anonymous said...

tania loves your arse babygirl, she will come and play when you are next in melbs!!

Jessica said...

Congrats on starting Jenny Craig!!!! Not only do you have great friends posting comments on your blog, you’re in great dieting company online. Have you checked out the recipes and tips on http://www.jennycraig.com, or even better, the active message boards and chat at http://www.jennycraig.com/community? You’ll find LOTS of likeminded folks who watch their signifcant others eat non-Jenny food every night! I guarantee at least one or two posts will make you LOL - although not as much as I did over "taking up" drinking the night before a marathon walk or your friend kitty's comments!

Jessica
Jenny Craig Online Community Manager

gypsy77 said...

OMG, you ran such a great time, 88mins!! Woo Hoo, well done!!!!!

And to think you did it after such a big night (and no breakie) that makes you one tough chicky.

Congratulations, keep up the strong running. Just imagine what your time could be next year????

Bec

P.S You dont look like you should be anywhere near Jenny!!!!!!!

Miss LJ said...

Well done on your run! Such a good time...and afer partying the night before - GOOD WORK!!

Hope Jenny Craig works out OK for you. Love to hear your results down the track.

Take care and enjoy your trip to Noosa!